Essencial Krill Oil Dangers And Benefits – Why To Use Krill Oil?
This article will help you know more about krill oil dangers.
What is krill oil? – Krill is a biological name for shrimp-like aquatic crustaceans. Most of the krill that are used for what is known as aquaculture are harvested from the cold waters of the Antarctic seas although they can also be found in large numbers in the waters around Japan. In Japan krill are used for food – a dish called okiami – but the rest of the world consumes it oil, usually in a more convenient capsule form.
As they form the very basic stage in the trophic level connection, they come to use in many ways. One such renowned use is for preparation of oil supplements. You may havedone an extensive research for your share of krill oil supplement, but you might still beon a perplexing edge due to the possible krill oil dangers. Moreover, the oil obtained from krill is useful as a replacement for other fish oils and as an oil supplement.
The best place to know more about krill oil dangers is the Internet. While browsing the Internet, just search for krill oil dangers to know about its possible side effects. Majority of people use krill oil as a substitute for fish oil, as it improves memory, controls blood sugar levels, cholesterol levels and improves the nervous system. As every individual has a different metabolism and there can be chances that the krill oil may not suit a particularbody conditions and may hamper the body functionality. Similar to other drugs, it can have side effects as well. Thus, before using krill oil supplements, consult an experienced doctor.
As krill oil benefits include increased protection to cell membrane, cholesterol control, improved memory and many more, you may also be subject to some krill oil dangers. By consulting your doctor before consuming krill oil supplements, you assure yourself of staying away from these dangers. Some krill oil dangers include swelling of neck or lips, light-headedness and abdominal pain. Krill oil supplements interfere and affect blood vessels. Therefore, krill oil can prove to be fatal for individuals with blood related problems. If you are planning to use these supplements, it is important for you to know whether you are allergic to any seafood.
Always get an expert’s opinion before taking supplements made from krill oil to stay on safer side.
There are reportedly just a few common krill oil dangers such as indigestion, loosestools and diarrhea. These may occur due to the high eicosapentaenoic (EPA) contents,fatty acids and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Krill oil is famous for reversing the signs ofageing. It reduces
wrinkles on your skin and makes you look fresher and younger. This ispossible, as it slows down the deterioration process of collagen. Krill oil also proves good for pregnant women, as it enhances brain growth and eyes of the fetus. Only a few krill oil dangers have been reported as compared to its benefits.
Discovering the Advantages of a Krill Oil Supplement
You may have heard about krill oil recently. Its a natural supplement that many people are now discovering for the first time and are turning to in the place of fish oil? But just what is krill oil and what advantages does it have offer?
Krill oil offer all of the same advantages as fish oil but it does have one extra ingredient that fish oil does not. Krill oil contains a substance called astaxanthin. This is the substance that gives their shell its pinkish hue but it is also a very potent antioxidant. Antioxidants protect the bode from harmful free radicals that are believed to be contributing factors to a number of serious diseases. The difference with astaxanthin though is that unlike other antioxidants it can pass through the “brain barrier”, potentially better protecting brain and eye health.
What Else Does Krill Oil Have to Offer?
In addition to antioxidants krill oil also contains high levels of omega 3 fatty acids. The combination of the two elements has been found by many to be helpful to alleviate a number of health conditions:
- Arthritis – Krill oil has been shown to help reduce bodily inflammations and inflammation is the main cause of pain for arthritis sufferers. a study that was published in The journal of the American College of Nutrition found that a krill oil supplement taken daily against a placebo control group was effective in reducing the symptoms of arthritis in the study participants.
- High Cholesterol – Another benefit offered by krill oil that is being researched extensively is its apparent ability to lower cholesterol. In one recent scientific study, 120 people with elevated cholesterol levels were given krill oil, fish oil or a harmless placebo pill.
Krill oil the researchers found reduced LDL ( “bad”) cholesterol by 34% and increased HDL (“good”) cholesterol by 43.5% when compared to the placebo. In comparing krill oil to fish oil , the fish oil reduced LDL cholesterol by 4.6% and increased HDL cholesterol by 4.2%. Krill also lowered triglycerides which fish oil did not.
All of the above are health benefits that can be reaped by anyone. but there are certain gender or age specific benefits that it offers as well:
- Womens Health – Millions of women all over the world suffer from Pre Menstrual Syndrome. Their symptoms can range from mild to debilitating. It has been found that by adding a krill oil supplement to their diet these women can considerably reduce the severity of these symptoms.
The antioxidant qualities of krill oil also are believed to help maintain, or even restore, the vitality of hair, skin and nails as well as help promote weight loss, things that most women are concerned about.
- Mens Health – High cholesterol is a big problem for many men, especially as they age. Krill oils ability to lower it without the need for chemical statins which have a whole host of side effects is the biggest reason that most men choose to begin taking a krill oil supplement.
- Kids Health – ADHD can affect anyone but it almost always begins in childhood and is at its most severe then. Krill oil has been found to be, for some children, as effective as any of their traditional medications in helping to relieve their ADHD and additional research is ongoing to determine exactly why that is.
- Dog Health – Dogs suffer from many of the same conditions as humans do, including arthritis. Although they can hardly attest to it themselves dog owners who have given their arthritic animals krill oil say they seem to be in less pain and enjoy restored mobility. The antioxidants in krill oil are also great for a dog’s coat.
Taking Krill Oil – You can purchase liquid krill oil, usually both in health food stores and online but most people find that they prefer to take krill oil in capsule form. There is no real difference that has been discovered between the two methods of dosing but krill oil capsules are far more pleasant and convenient to take which is why most people choose them over liquid krill oil.